Below I have outlined 5 tips she gives on what to remember when working in public relations.
- Know your audience. Your audience can be any combination of client, employer and new audiences that can change almost daily. You need to be able to change direction at a moment's notice.
- Understand short and long-term business implications of your work. Every decision you make for your client impacts their business. Any mistake you make can cost your employer money, so think twice before making split-second decisions.
- Know, respect and appreciate PR's ethic code. Every professional needs to uphold these standards in order to be credible.
- Be an advocate. Promote others' work whether you are advocating on behalf of a client or employer.
- Focus on outcomes, not outputs. PR professionals can be judged on the business value of their work, so keep in mind the business's goals to help them succeed in the long run.
To read Rosanna's entire article, click here.